Loving Los Angeles...in 72 hours or less








I've just returned from a whirlwind trip to Los Angeles.
 I love this town.





I was there for less than 72 hours, but I truly believe it is possible to have a real L.A. experience in this short amount of time.





Arriving at LAX Sunday morning, I was greeted by clouds and fog..I loved it....it set the mood. 
I picked up the rental car and headed to town, only to be greeted by thousands of Aids Walk participants. It was a beautiful sight, and a real L.A. moment. After an hour and a half of constant detours and parking lot roads, however, the frustration and irritation set in. 


        
                                                 "Who.....who won't wear the ribbon?"


But don't worry. a very nice L.A. Sheriff's Dept. officer allowed me to bypass a detour, and minutes later, I was ensconced in a little hotel in a leafy residential section of West Hollywood.






The adventure begins with a glamorous party in the hills that evening.




An eclectic and interesting crowd, some well known, some not so much (me) led to a fabulous evening to remember.


The next morning...breakfast outside (of course) at Urth Cafe. I recommend the bread pudding topped with fried apples.






Then...off to explore...






The chalkboard in the cabinetry showroom of Christopher Peacock.






Tod Carson has an attractive establishment on North Robertson Blvd.







They offer reproduction lighting by Limehouse Lamp Co. that is quite beautiful and would fool the most discerning eye. 






The neighborhood around the hotel was charming...





I loved this house. (the car too)





The cascading garden, in mostly pale and sage greens, was what first caught my eye.







Throw away your paint brushes.





Look...it's a red house.....RED!




A great modern home with a fabulous second story covered patio.





...because the trim is pink and green.





Charm...right ON the street.





Hacienda / Chalet ?






Alcoves with fabulous lanterns and pretty planted pots.







A quick lunch / snack...





courtesy of a taqueria truck...







Then off to Roxbury, one of my favorite streets in town, for a little house stalking.

A few delicious domiciles below:






































All that wanton lust and coveting has made me hungry again, so let's head out to the beach for dinner...













Point Dume State Beach in Malibu is a gorgeous stretch of land. It is also the location of The Sunset restaurant, a wonderful dining establishment located right on the beach with sweeping views of the Pacific.  






I thoroughly enjoyed my burger and fries while sitting in the lounge... 





watching Monday Night Football.






I live on the east coast oceanfront and have seen my fair share of spectacular sunrises. What a treat it was to end my short stay in L.A. with an equally spectacular sunset.


Comments

  1. I love the photo with the guy carting a boombox. Great post LA is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I think you stayed at the le park hotal, in fact I'm pretty sure you did. Wait no, from the photos of the houses you were walking down Westknoll, you stayed at the w. hollywood Ramada, The sage green house is owned by Kevin and his partner, I love his garden. That's my old neighborhood, I'm walking distance to all of it. I'm glad you have a great time. I can see you now with the traffic with the Aids walk! Wow! What a nightmare. Great photo's series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy .... I am so glad you had a wonderful time! I love LA as well .... and I love the picture of the pool where you had the party .... gorgeous pink cushions. The zebra ottomans in the cafe are cool..... I hope to get back one day! Lovely post with great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you are. What a great post. Were you in Pasadena/San Marino for a bit. It looked like my old haunting ground. I love L.A. I love it! It really is heaven.
    Glad to hear from you,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, now you've made me want to go to LA;)! Looks like it was a wonderful quick visit- I don't know which looks more inviting- the food or the houses (love the stucco one!)
    joan

    p.s.
    your comment made my day!! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you saw some fabulous sites and visited some amazing places! I love LA too and your post has shown me that there are still so many places for me to explore still!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! Thank you for taking me back. I lived in Santa Barbara for three years and made frequent trips down the coast to LA.

    P.S. Thanks also for stopping by La Lamp Shade today with your great comments!

    xoxo,

    Raina
    If the Lamp Shade Fits

    ReplyDelete
  8. The centre of this city is a closed circle with all prominent locations put up very close to each other. One can just walk down to different places where they can find fun waiting for their arrival.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to do so. Unfortunately, I have been getting bulk spam, so I have enabled word verification (temporarily I hope) to try and put a stop to it. Thank you for understanding! k

Popular Posts