The Hardest Word To Say, And The Easiest To Hear...








Spring 1797

Josephine,

I love you no longer; on the contrary, I detest you. You are a wretch, truly perverse, truly stupid, a real Cinderella. You never write to me at all, you do not love your husband; you know the pleasure that your letters give him yet you cannot even manage to write him half a dozen lines, dashed off in a moment! What then do you do all day, Madame? What business is so vital that it robs you of the time to write to your faithful lover? What attachment can be stifling and pushing aside the love, the tender and constant love which you promised him? Who can this wonderful new lover be who takes up your every moment, rules your days and prevents you from devoting your attention to your husband?


Beware, Josephine; one fine night the doors will be broken down and there I shall be. In truth, I am worried, my love, to have no news from you; write me a four page letter instantly made up from those delightful words which fill my heart with emotion and joy. I hope to hold you in my arms before long, when I shall lavish upon you a million kisses, burning as the equatorial sun.

Napoleon









Love Posters
Can be found at "the love shop"
www.etsy.com








Happy Valentines

Here are 3 cupid clip-art images to grab and create your own Valentine:


















Have a lovely weekend!



Comments

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you Kathy! Lovely blog, I'll be following you now...

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Love Day thanks for the pure entertainment and cleverness of your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your continued support Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kit! Your blog is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to do so. Unfortunately, I have been getting bulk spam, so I have enabled word verification (temporarily I hope) to try and put a stop to it. Thank you for understanding! k

Popular Posts