It's All Happening...


Someone took my double dog dare ya...and ran with it....I know it's not pink, but it kills just the same...




                     

This front door's makeover, however, has been quite the project...It's taking days to get years of crusty old paint off.  It will be worth it.





The blue stone patio is done. Now the screened porch construction can start.





Loving the strap light... ( and the dark green doors with brass hardware )






This particular light offers no competition with the oversized kitchen lanterns.





The stair railing is lovely in Benjamin Moore's Floral White.






Brick backsplash almost complete...








A glimpse of the Spinella Wood counter and just grouted brick...





Progress with sideboard re-do...for use in kitchen...






"gilding the lily"...





Master light fixture...





...courtesy of Lulu and Georgia





Master bath progressing...





Choosing his and her mirrors...







Going to use frame on left for both....rope twist fillet for him...dainty swirl fillet for her...






Love this powder room paper...














FINALLY (after many weeks) have found fabric for custom ottoman in a wine room...






Which side should I use?





On the home front: winter did her damage...I lost many plants, but the tried and true are coming back...





Miraculously, I didn't lose a single pot...










The hosta in pots are my favorite. I have too many creatures that like to dine on them when they are in the ground.










My hydrangea vine is coming back after major home repairs necessitated a severe cut to a large section of it two years ago.









It's started to wrap around the side of my house. I think I'll stop it there.







Rescued this stone from a house that was demolished in my neighborhood.....It took one rental van and two probably un-safe car trips ( turned my car into a low-rider! ) The new path runs the width of my house. I need to plant around it, but I've been too busy.





This is the time of year that I love best (next to August)...everything is making it's move...you can expect daily, even hourly, changes...

It's all happening...

-k-


             

Comments

  1. Your yard is absolutely gorgeous! And the climbing hydrangea is so beautiful, it makes me want to cry. Hope it's ok to pin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pin Away! I'm just so happy that I didn't kill it when we cut over HALF of it down! k

      Delete
  2. Great post! Love the brick back splash along with many other things. What a beautiful garden oasis you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all !!! Especially my front doors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, great post. I love what you're doing in your house. The front door is a beauty now! And your garden! So much space for dreams!
    All the best to you from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. This hydrangea is my dream! Ours is currently stunted at the base of our chimney - it gets way too much afternoon sun over there. I'd like to move it to the other side of the house and get it climb the siding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Is that hydrangea vine planted in the ground or a container? Can't quite tell from the pics -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to do so. Unfortunately, I have been getting bulk spam, so I have enabled word verification (temporarily I hope) to try and put a stop to it. Thank you for understanding! k

Popular Posts