"I Hate Trees"




Actually, the quote was "WE hate trees." in response to my question "Why are you selling this adorable house?"  Excuse me?  They rambled on and on about all the work, pine straw, leaves, pine cones, and blah, blah, blah. But I was already tuned out.


Since I was old enough to read Silverstein's classic, I have been in love with and in awe of trees.



Many on my own property were here long before I was born, and should be here, if I am a good steward, long after I am gone.



The benefits of trees are many. Not the least of which is the fact that they absorb CO2 and release oxygen into the air. Their leaves and bark act as environmental filters. 
They provide food, wood, a canopy, and habitat for wildlife.




They increase property values.












People in the know are aware of these things and more, and are going to great lengths to encourage the planting and growth of trees. The results are stunning.










Over the coming weeks I'll be sharing beautiful pictures of trees and their many gifts to us.






And oh, about that couple's house ? It sold in 48 hours. 
My guess is the buyers loved all the trees.







-K-

Comments

  1. Love to see you back posting! We love our trees even during leaf season!
    Shea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to do so. Unfortunately, I have been getting bulk spam, so I have enabled word verification (temporarily I hope) to try and put a stop to it. Thank you for understanding! k

Popular Posts