Love You? Love You Not...



I love this kitchen...or do I? It pushes many of my buttons... from the ceiling to the soapstone(?) counters and sink...to the bank of windows and island. However, there is something about the superfluous cabinetry and definitely something about that refrigerator *door* that makes me groan. How can I like a space so much and absolutely hate certain elements? Maybe it's not a fridge. Maybe it really is a door... a passage to the kitchen garden perhaps. If you take out the center cross, that might help, or possibly it's the door handle that has me cringing. I've had this picture in my inspiration folder, but am letting it go today. 
Sorry....but I love you not....
k

Comments

  1. The handle is especially bad. And I don't like the little side splash either. Other than that, it's great. I wish could see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do like it ... I like especially the coffer(ed?) ceiling and the wood and paneled elements throughout. what bothers me is that there is waay too much room, or perhaps it's that it's not "cozy" enough for an intimate hearth, the kind that i appreciate at any rate. perhaps this roomy layout is one that you might find in a kitchen designed for wheelchair access.

    oh, yeah. fridge handle ... it does throw one off.

    so, this was in your tearbook all that time? and then "wham!" ... love you not! i look back at my pinterest "books" and wonder, why did I put that pic in there? (knowhatimean?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look at some old Pins and think the same thing. That soapstone sink and counter are making me think dirty design thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look at some old Pins and think the same thing. That soapstone sink and counter are making me think dirty design thoughts.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/SOLICITORS-FROM-TAYLOR-HAMPTON-SOLICITORS-LLP-/10000000178285021/g.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to do so. Unfortunately, I have been getting bulk spam, so I have enabled word verification (temporarily I hope) to try and put a stop to it. Thank you for understanding! k

Popular Posts