Working Girl






That's me on the left, Tess McGill...


(before she blossomed)





...insecure, and full of self doubt, working in a world full of perfect Katherine Parkers. At least, that's how I've been feeling.




The nasty weather we've been having hasn't helped...




Apparently I've been living in the Winter Battle Zone. 



I've had more than my fair share of "doubters" too...













A quick scroll through my phone pics today made me feel a bit better.


Progress:





This room is coming along. "Mrs." and I would like to convince "Mr." to let us cover the walls above the wainscoting in this...











Still searching for a bench and a chest...





My phone does not quite capture how warm this large dining space is. 





Adorable custom floorcloth for dog bowls: almost done...











This is not going to work...





Last delivery for unfinished nursery FINALLY arrived.




Kitchen installation begins...





"Moroccan" floor tiles for a young girl's bath ....








West Indies inspiration photos for a living room re-do...









Benjamin Moore's Black Forest Green on all downstairs doors....It will show as black, but with a little more depth...





Spring Target finds...









It's been a busy couple of weeks. I'm making progress. I can handle the "doubters".
Have a great weekend...



-k-


Comments

  1. the Mr. MUST say yes to that fab wallcovering!!! Maybe just "surprise" him!
    Don't let the doubters get you down. Many of mine have residence in my head;)
    xxoj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have always gathered information for decisions/epiphanies the way Tess does. Works for me too !

    Told one of my husbands this month, "I will live long enough to have everything in your garden that I want to be in your garden. Regardless of what you keep saying about money." Poor thing, you should have seen his body language. Pure defeat !

    I should really have a party devoted to all my husbands. You know, the men who don't want to know me, my name, or pay for a thing I design then fall in love with me and do everything I say, every dime. All thru their wives! Works for us.

    The best is when 'wife' calls and tells me, 'my husband said for me to ask Tara.......' At that point wife/me know we've won the war.

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so much fun. Appreciate the tour of the place, and for the reminder of "Working Girl"! Your place looks amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Colonial nautical vibe in that house and what a fantastic dining room. Perhaps Mr. might be persuaded if you paint the walls the same color as that burlap so he could see what it would look like? Great floors in that place, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to do so. Unfortunately, I have been getting bulk spam, so I have enabled word verification (temporarily I hope) to try and put a stop to it. Thank you for understanding! k

Popular Posts